Biography

 

Penrhiwgaled farmhouse dates from at least the 17th century. In 1774 Edwin Evans married Mary Davies and re-built the house as a wedding gift, although she had to sign a prenuptial agreement!

It was known in the 19th century as Penrhiwgaled Estate. In fact the village pub in Cross Inn, the nearby village was named after it.

Robert and Alison Clark moved to Penrhiwgaled when they sold their farm in Carmarthenshire. They used to milk 140 Water Buffalo originally imported from Romania and Italy; whose milk was made into mozzarella cheese by an Italian dairy in London. They still have 4 of their favorites which they brought with them and graze in the surrounding fields